Tuesday, 21 September 2010

The Colours of Syawal...Ayer Baloi!

Victoria Sandwich Cake
We left for Ayer Baloi from Muor on Sunday night, it was for beraya with FIL's side of the family...and being the guardian of the kitchen (I guess!), I had to cook up something! And when all cakes were gone, this is the easiest and fastest to make....

Victoria Sandwich Cake
250 g plus 62.5g butter at room temperature (I used SCS salted)
250 g caster sugar, I used 220g
250g self raising flour, I used 220g SRF and 30g corn flour
5 large eggs
2 tbsp golden syrup, I used honey, there weren't any Golden Syrup and I had no time to go to Pontian to get some!
2 tsp vanilla essence
A pinch of salt
Strawberry or Raspberry Jam, I used St Dalfour Starwberry jam brought from KL! 

Preheat oven at 150C, I used the small Elba no brainer but loads of surprises from this oven! Prepare two 8 inches cake tins. Beat butter, caster sugar and honey/golden syrup until light and fluffy, fold in eggs one by one until well incorporated. Add in vanilla essence. Fold in sifted flour in three batches. Divide the batter into two and spread evenly in cake tins, bake for about 30 minutes.

When cool, spread jam in between the cakes and sprinkle caster sugar on top!

Pencuk, ie timun, nenas, bawang merah and cili merah gaul dengan a bit of garam and gula.
Dalca
Beef Beryani, using National's Mutton Beryani Masala and Beras Basmathi Jasmin Super Panjang!
Ayam Goreng with Serai, Halia, Lengkuas, Kunyit and Garam
Fusili Goreng...senang ma to make this!
Ala Sirap Bandung...and the taste, not bad at all!

Pencuci mulut...
Another pencuci mulut...
Dina and kids just arrived...followed by malaysianwifeaustralianlife - yan! and Tipot...they are all arwah's friends from STF, well when I saw them I saw my SIL and of course air mata mestui keluar....
Aisya, Yan's exotic looking daughter who loves the beryani....hmmm boleh jadi menantu I ni!
Gegirl, Kak Lin's daughter with Shikin's daughter!
Kak Lin has 9 children (so, tak heranlah I have only 6!), Shikin has 6 children!
Bunga api!
Mak Arah, Noni and her kids, Fadil, Noni's husband is hubby's second cousin who does the repairing jobs at Ayer Baloi house and takes care of the house! Mak Arah made Laksa Johor that day!
Muhammad, playing with toys...
Back in KL on Thursday Anis and Nadia my nieces came visiting!
My youngest brother Mus, a chef with KLCC Convention Centre's kitchen and an ice carver, his wife Aein and my boys!
I made this Tart Nenas on Thursday morning for my parents and adik beradik and....
Mini Lapis Legit while mom and dad and adik beradik were having Nasi Daging.....I found Spoekek powder in Pontian! I didn't use any colouring though, and the cake lenyap almost instantly after it was ready :p

So, now I can move on with other posts......like Macarons! Tunggu......


12 comments:

Wiz said...

Keep the photos coming Yanie. Love every shot!

Sepasang kurung biru tu for your ma in law ker? Untung your MIL dapat menantu mcm you pandai masak, pandai buat kek. So menantu mithali. Haq is one super duper lucky guy.

tireless mom said...

Masak and makan je... best nya. I made Victoria Sandwich last masa I teenager dulu. Now dah teruja to try again, nak guna your recipe pulak.

edi said...

salam kak yani... i lama x bukak internet.. 1 week be4 raya terus 'disconnected' dengan dunia internet! hehehe... anwyay, love the photos! dyna, yan dtg eh? wah, happening! food pun happening.. everytime i baca blog u ni i rasa mcm short of breath sbb mcm your activities ni mmg super duper packed! hihi.. but i now u had fun so keep it up!

LifeBloom said...

I SO can feel de Raya vibes....sangat cantik :D and sangat sedap too I bet!!! Where do you find d energy - thats a gift from Allah SWT to you :D. I can only look and wish I had the energy :P

Zubaiti said...

omak aiii...semuonyo sodap2 belako!!

Really tak boleh tahan...
;)

Kitchen Guardian said...

wiz, habis...for now the gambo!

Kitchen Guardian said...

yatt tm, tu dia zaman teenager dah buat cake...now?? anak berank i can never get tired of victoria sandwich cake!

Kitchen Guardian said...

edo, patutlah sunyi sepi dunia blogger nih! raya sakan no....syukor for the tenaga yang diriNya...tapi now den ponet!

Kitchen Guardian said...

zura, alhamdulillah tenaga Allah beri, tahun depan tak tahu lagi!

Kitchen Guardian said...

zubaiti, kalau teringin, orderlah, inshaallah....

Rima said...

KG
Dalam byk byk gambar .. si ayam goreng serai yg buat ku teringin heheh.. dah lama tak goreng ayam kat rumah ni..

Mini Lapis legit.. telurnye irit but sedap bu! hehe

Kitchen Guardian said...

Rima,

Goreng jangan tak goreng!

Related Posts with Thumbnails