Monday, 19 March 2012

Sicilian Orange Cake

....and my new Nordic pans hehe! Yup, a cake that you can whip in 15 minutes and bake in half an hour!


Mak came over two weekends ago with Anis. It was a Saturday, we had lunch, and Mak had herusual nap afterwards....later, I got a text message from Shida Diarimama that my pans have arrived!

Yeay! I ordered them in December from Amazon, but shipped here by one of Shida's friend who lives in there! When Mak saw this, she immediately asked me to make some Orange Cakes! I knew she would ask for her cakes, so, on the way home from Shida's house I got some oranges....


Ingredients
250g butter, soft
250g caster sugar
4 medium eggs
250g self raising flour
1 1/2 tsp orange zest
85ml orange juice
1 tsp vanilla, I added

Method
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy ( I did this with orange zest and vanilla). Add eggs one by one, and continue mixing, I used my wooden ladle. Add sifted self raising flour in 3 additions, fold just to incorporate. Last incorporate orange juice.

Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for about 30 minutes to 40 minutes.


I love the texture of this cake when baked in this pans. They didn't stick at all on the pans, and were golden all over.....nice, very very nice!:p 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wh
at not to love...:o)

wiz

murni said...

It will be nicer still if I can have a bite... :D

Edi said...

JELOUS!

Rima said...

Thats nordic for u my dear hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails