Thursday 6 February 2014

Team Work Makes The Dream Work

Hi ya peeps! Except for the Kuala Lipis macaron tower drama, I had an awesome most demanding week, last week. There were lots to be done, but thank god for the support that I got form my ad hoc team members!


...first there was the wedding fondant cupcakes' team, Zulaikha and Nadia dropped by my studio to assist with topping the cupcakes and covering them with fondant. Zulaikha also helped made the sugar blossoms...


...then, at the very eleventh hour, we pulled our sleeves together, I mean Fadli, Farhanah, Yan, Afiq with my guidance assembled and put together a macaron tower...Yup the controversial tower that was not a confirmed order the day before I had to pull my resources to get it done.....and then, I almost flew, but for the snail traffic from Gombak toll all the way to Raub...and sped to Kuala Lipis.....only to arrive at 3 pm and was not greeted, let alone thanked by the bride. Delivery was never in the agenda as I had to assemble the ruffled wedding cake above, which all was settled at around 11.30 am. 


...anyway, as much as I told myself I had forgotten and forgiven the Lipis incident, I was disturbed by the whole thing, I lost my baking mojo.......lately, there has also been a series of orders confirmed with no deposit collected by me, and I was stood up. This customers did not turn up to collect their orders.


...hence, as much as I hated the idea of collecting monies upfront, think I have been forced to resort to this...and yes, I noticed that those customers who placed some deposit actually confirmed their orders before the delivery day...hmmmm..


Anyway, as I happily entertained my down feelings, I was shaken out of this when I learnt that one of my customers who recently got married had lumps all over her breasts, a swollen thyroid gland and her blood with traces of copper! With all this uncertainties for her, I can only count my blessings, right....


I'm still trying to pull myself together, but I realise that the daily orders are meant to meet my daily expenses, any forms of savings would be from projects such as classes, corporate orders or the likes...hence, life is what happens to you when you are busy making plans.....

Hence, pull up your socks, moan if you have to , but not for long, my friends....enjoy this video...

  


7 comments:

Audriena Naz said...

Salam kak yani. Nad here.

So that what it was. How frustrating to be treated like that after all the effort done. Yes, forgive and forget, how easily said than done.

I agree on the deposit too. Such a similar situation kak yani. I too had to resort to collecting upfront payment. Been stood up a lot of time too. I always told myself husnuzon, but ... well, passion alone won't pay the bills, will it?

I hope you are feeling much better kak yani. Will always be here to support you morally. Nak support physically jauh sangat. Eheheheh

Nana el said...

Owh kak yani, i yg baca ni pon tumpang geram!
I do agree that you need to start asking for dep, and even better full payment at least 2 days before for confirmation. It will be a bit of a hassle since I have seen how busy you are, but it is better for you, since nanti you dont have to waste your precious time baking and decorating for those uncollected cakes.

P/s: Kalau Im nearer, confirm I will go and bought all the uncollected cakes...hehehehe

Love from Perlis

ROYAL JESTER said...

Kak Yani, sedih dgr kisah ni just like Kak Nomie pun I think now has resorted to taking deposits unless of coz dgn org yg kita betul2 kenal, then maybe takyah kot.
I think you should set up a system whereby your customers fill up a form and it would be more systematic and can be a point of reference in any dispute (mintak jauhla). So for both parties, it is clear apa yg earlier agreed etc. Google has the google form can do it quite quickly actually. Just an idea. Coz there are many orders coming from left right and centre fr various platforms: whatsapp, instagram, FB even emails and sms. Better to centralise the orders in one form and also another form for those yg nak join classes. Entah2 you already have the forms. hehe.. just my humble suggestion je. Take care Kak Yani.

ummisara said...

salam Kak Yani,

Pheww!! some people kan mcm tuh lah x ada perasaan...amik jer deposit kak yani...

tapi tak apa...i tau u kan 1 tough lady :)

Aiza said...

I for one will insist to put in some deposit even the vendor kata "tak payah" or "nanti pick-up bayarlah semua". I want them to know that I am serious in the jual beli, bukan nak main-main je order.
Plus, I am guarding myself too as a customer. If I tak letak deposit, will the vendor do my order? ;) So it is like a commitment for them, they already received some money, (i hope) they feel obligated to get it done.
I know you are serious in this, I doakan your customers will take you serious too.

Roses and Lace said...

Hi. Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience lately. Your work is amazing! We have a lot in common, I did a law degree too but baking and beautiful photography are my passions. I'm so honoured that Roses & Lace inspires you, thank you so much for including us in your list. Have a lovely week. If you're on facebook I would love to follow you there. Love & hugs. Marcy xo

azleen said...

Salam kak yani, Azleen's here. Masha-Allah such beautiful cakes and macarons. My doa for a better business and clients/customers for you sis ;-). I'll call you for one of the baking lessons...soon. xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails