Hi you alls!...it's a delayed post! But better late than never!well, am well immersed in my work and baking....have decided to limit orders and am doing orders that have been placed much earlier only and been very selective with new orders... time is not on my side...there are so many things that I want to put up here, but I have to push to another day and time which I can't tell when...just bear with if you larat....
Anyway, I made this last Monday before I got ready to work...it's super easy and super fast...I'd not put something that is rocket science here, haha!Let's take a look at the recipe first and we bla bla bla later.....
For Brownie Cookies
350g dark chocolate, chopped, I used 250g Lindt's 70% Dark Choc and the rest dark choc chips from Bagus
2/3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 plain flour, sifted with1/4 tsp baking powder
For Peanut Butter Filling
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 single (pouring cream), I used evap milk
I added a pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven at 180C, prepare baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place 200g of the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until all melted and smooth. I turned off the heat once the butter started to melt and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until pale and creamy. I used my wooden laddle.Add to the melted choc butter mix.
4. Stir in sifted flour and baking powder, and remaining chocolate into the mix. Allow to stand for 10 mins.
5. Spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto baking trays. Bake for about 8-10 mons until the brownie puffed and cracked. Let cool completely on trays....at which time, I went to take my shower...muahahhha...
6. To make the peanut butter filling is no brainer, just mix all the ingredients and stir vigorously until you get a creamy texture....yums, I could just lick them all!.....I've only discovered the peanut butter heaven, you see!
7. Spread half of the cookies with peanut butter and sandwich with the remaining cookies!
Recipe from Donna Hay's 10th Birthday Collector's Edition Magazine, I love the clean cut and simple yet delicious in her magazines!
I got about 15 sandwiched cookies, had one for breakfast, brought 2 to office, gave one to Razlyn....and when I return home that day, there were only 4 left....Yusof ate them for breakfast, lunch and dinner!" Ma, this is the best brownie I have ever tasted",said Yusof...and I think so too....it's excellent for that lazy Sunday afternoon, or to unwind with a cup of coffee after a long day's work :p
p/s am lacking with my replying of emails, I will before Friday ya!