Wednesday 3 July 2013

A Walk In The Park....

Salam and good morning! It will be my third day of retirement today.  Am I enjoying the 'freedom'...yeah I guess, but funny I thought I have been having this feeling all this while....I suppose this thought of me not going to work has been in me without me noticing it all along...what am I saying...whatever...it is already the wee hours of the morning....
  

My last day of work was Tuesday last week, however, I had to pop by to settle some personal matters with HR and close one matter the following day...I left office at around 3 that day.... that night I slept like a log, in fact I dozed off without even showering...felt like the world was lifted from me....and then, on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday I spent my mornings as early as 5 am baking and frosting my cakes...oh wow! I could not remember baking so much....but I was darn happy!


...Sarah was supposed to come yesterday and we were supposed to start baking our cookies for Raya...but I told Sarah to join me for lunch in KLCC...we were not going to bake that day, and I really wanted to walk on KLCC park!....and that was what I did...felt so liberated, even though I was a wee bit disappointed with the whole park....it cpuld be nicer, prettier, more happening...well, except where the fountain was, the rest of the park was just so, so....really makes me want to go to Central Park New York asap!!


...some people in the office thought that I was bored and suggested that I return to work...no way...I don't think so...but I must admit that working at home all by myself made me felt a little lonely...been "whattsapping" Rina and spoke to Wiz to cut this loneliness, huhu!....and since it is only the third day me being at home, I haven't actually establish a routine yet...I went to my first "mengaji" class yesterday morning in Taman TAR and learnt about the prophet and a sunnah....the best feeling I felt after that. And since I really wanted to go to a "tafsir" class, think I will have to join my friends in the surau at Bukit Mulia, since the class in Taman TAR is held on Friday nights....

I baked quite a bit after I returned from my class, and I can thank Him more for the orders that come in, Alhamdulillah! I am still looking for my own space for baking, orders, studio and classes...but that have to be sorted latest after Eid, my tools and cake tins are piling and I couldn't even get a new oven and cooling racks and the space in this house is limited already, hehe....you know with 6 kids and all, bahaha....

Some people have asked for a class for Raya cakes, and I thought that we should stick to the basics like below...I will throw in a demo to bake a Victoria Sandwich Cake, since so many have been asking about the cake....so, I'll see you in Sugarflours Bangi on Saturday, ya! It will be a group hands-on, so I will not bake extra cakes from home, you will have to work out amongst yourselves during class, with my guidance...more interesting!  


...a lot of people have asked me for a Banana Walnut Cake recipe...my answer would be to try this...

Banana Bread
125g butter melted and cooled
125g sugar
2 large eggs
about 300g mashed bananas
175g plain four whisked or sifted with 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda and a pinch of salt
3 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla

Mix the melted butter with sugar and vanilla till well incorporated, add eggs one at a time, add the mashed bananas. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions and last add the natural yoghurt. I also added about a handful of chopped walnuts into the batter. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C.

As for the topping I use my favourite cream cheese topping and drizzled with salted caramel..


...yup...that was me at the park, got on the swing before we were chased by the guards at the park , hehe...I have always wanted to walk in the park....

Night peeps, gotta catch a few winks before finishing a few cakes to deliver in the morning..

xoxo Yani the kitchenguardian


...this is how I feel now, not having a withdrawal symptom from being away from work, but I am still adjusting to my new life...enjoy the song peeps!

5 comments:

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

Loving that picture of you on the swing Yans!! And happy retirement! I know you re going to work harder than before, but this time doing something you love! which is the greatest thing you can wish for in life! goodluck!

ummisara said...

Salam Kak Yani,

wahhhhh bestnya!gud luck rasa nak ikut jejak u....tapi tak bley lagi heheh

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't have just walked...you should have run!

xoxo
wiz

Ribbon and Circus said...

Am so happy for you Kak Yani. Congratulation on your new phase of life! :D

the principal said...

I am so happy for you. Good luck kak

Related Posts with Thumbnails