Thursday 1 July 2010

Bakes, Cookies and All For Aidul Fitri!

Salam all dear readers and friends! It's almost 4.40 am and I couldn't sleep! I had been fasting today, and life in the office was super chaotic, so much so that I arrived home late, and due to that it was also chaotic at home.

Nevermind all that, after breaking of fast and dinner and all the kids were tucked and settled in, I too went to snoozeland....only to wake up at around 1 am and realized that I had to bake for Madam ex-Magistrate, a dear friend...all that done now, plus ironing the children's uniforms and solats, I'm staring around, doing zikir and counting and thinking and blinking......and yes Raya cookies!

Well, here are the offerings:

Chocolate chips cookies....hmmm I can almost smell Golden Churn and vanilla...
Butter cookies....my favourite, and it's very rare this days, I'm going to make them....
Biskut samprit...he he...sorry to those whom I was supposed to bake for last year, days and months passed by and we can almost feel Ramadhan and Syawal again...I'll make this gems , too....I will be using Lyana's recipe, the crispy gems just melt in your mouth heavenly...mmmm...
Steamed Fruit Cake...ala the late Tok Itam's recipe, traditional recipe that uses Golden Churn butter, homemade caramel and using "gelas khenduri" (I had to ask from MIL) to measure....

and I have decided that all will be offered on first come first serve basis, I so want to fulfil my duties as a Muslim to perform as many Tarawikhs as possible this year, after, a sort of "break" for the past two years, due to having the little ones Hajar and Muhammad!

The packaging, how the gems will look like and the price will be posted later...

Ah! Well, I'd better get some sleep...it's going to be a looooong day, I need to recharge some more! Tra xox.....

ORDERS CLOSED! Thank you all!

12 comments:

noriza said...

yani..

I nak 1 of everything yg you ada to offer. This year i kerja, so x dea masa nak buat cookies...and amli will pay for it..as always
-suhaila-

Edi said...

kak yani, i want 1 of everything too!! but i want it early before merdeka day 31st august coz on 1st sept we'll be flying off to terengganu. my sis who's working in UK is back and i want to shower her with many many delicious cookies :))) nanti kita calling2 ekk... :D

Kama At-Tarawis said...

yani, i want to know all the jenis raya cookies from this special kitchen of yours before ordering. tq. tahun ni cake i nak mintak u buat. takmoh beli kat secret recipe mcm biasa.

rohaizahabas said...

ehem ehemmmmm.....
sedang tunggu congo bars ...hehehhe

LifeBloom said...

Yani: 2 Butter Cookies and 2 Choc Chip please!!! Thanks dearest...:D

~ said...

kak yani...
I'm one of arwah kak zoorek's junior. Couple of times we met at arwah's place for the tahlil and also during the funeral.

kite admire semua cake2 kak yani. mesti best. teringin nak order... blh tak kasi phone number, nanti kite contact.

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Yani, definitely 3 steamed fruit cakes for me - confirmed order.

masaklemaktempoyak said...

Salam..
Hi.. been your silent reader for a long time and especially inspired by your writings and bakings. Kalau sehari tak tengok your blog tak sah..

I live in Qatar and would be back for raya in Ampang Jaya mid August. So ni nak order 3 Samprit and 3 Fruit cake. Confirmed order tau!

I will email you my contact details nanti. Meantime, this weekend I will try and make those congo bars. They look delishhhh! and btw, your banana bread is fabulous.I tried making it few weeks back when on rare occasions I found pisang emas here.

Take care.
Salam,
Marina @ Doha

Anonymous said...

Yani - There you go, belum panaskan oven lagi order dah menderu. Alhamdulillah. 4.40am? awat tak call, I am always up at that time.

This year I tak gi US, unless you ajak I gi New York la kan, so I am coming to your house k!

Bedah Jonet said...

K.yani after reading your blog you made me wanna bake...and I did! :)

So now I'm on baking frenzy hahahah

Thanks

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

salam kak yani,

oh saya sudah terlambat, nampaknya i kena bake sendiri la. But i teringin congo bars la. kalau order bukan untuk posa, boleh?

KG said...

noriza,
edi
kak puteri
kak ezza
zura life bloom...mari mari tlg i bake!
tissot
mtt...yes yes your fruit cakes
marina, am homoured...mana chendol you?
wiz...bake sama sama jom?
bedah...bake sama sama jom....sharelah sikit gambar gambarnya!
ida....yang menawan hati, habaqlah bila....i buatkan!

And after reading your comments I separuh pengsan....inshaallah i will honour your order kalau tak pengsan! xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails