Monday 24 September 2012

Martha's Pate Brisee and Goat's Cheese Quiche

Hi ya you all!Today I want to share with you a simple but yet versatile recipe that you can use for any types of tarts. This recipe is good for savoury or sweet tart or pies. I made this quiche yesterday, and decided to give goat's cheese a try!


Ingredients
Pate Brisee
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup butter, cold, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 to 1/2 cup iced water

Method
You can use a food processor or a fork to work the dough. I used my fingers, but do not over work the dough if using your hands, the heat from your finger would melt the butter, and you might end up with a tough crust. The crust needs to be flaky when baked!

So......just work the batter to resemble bread crumbs, when all the ingredients come together sprinkle iced water just to hold them together. Lightly knead into one or two balls. Wrap in cling film and chill for about half an hour.


The quiche was even nicer this morning when I had for brunch!
Ingredients
Quiche Filling
3/4 cup full cream milk, beat with 3 eggs and pinch of salt
goats cheese
extra tasty cheddar cheese
tuna flakes in brine
tomatoes
nutmeg powder....as i couldnt find my black pepper!

Method
To put the quiche together for the oven
I used 6 four inches tart moulds and 2 smaller moulds. Grease the moulds. Heat oven at 170C.
Remove the dough from the fridge. Take a portion that is enough to cover each mould...poke holes using a fork, cover with weights, I used rice and blind bake for about 30 minutes till golden. In the mean time prepare the filling.

Once the crusts were ready, spread the filling in the crusts, pour the milk, egg and salt. Sprinkle a dash of nutmeg powder or black pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes until the filling is set but jiggly, hehe!

The verdict....awesome! Love the after taste of the goat's cheese!

....you can change the crust to make into a sweet tart by adding 1 tbsp sugar. I have replaced 1/2 cup flour with ground hazelnut to make a wholesome rich quiche. I have also tried replacing 1/2 cup flour with 1/2 cup grated cheddar to have a cheesy quiche, yumms!

I must thank Tina of Domestic Bliss for giving Martha's Pies and Tarts book, from which I got this recipe :p

xoxo Yani the Kitchen Guardian....it's the last quater of the year, I have to catch up with my work KPIs and bake cakes for those who are going into marriage bliss, hehe tra! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails