Tuesday 30 June 2009

My first attempt at stacked cake!

Since I really adore this butterfly and mine was still moist, I asked for one from Wiz!! Notice the beautiful ribbon insertion and also some of the frills dah broken, he he!!
My butterfly, which was still moist, so I could only paste in on the cake! Notice the smock effect on the top tier! I love those frills, too!
The end result, hmm, still far from perfection!
I have many other posts that I meant to put up here, but I have to put this one up first...many reasons for that! Most importantly, I must express my gratitude and many thanks to my cikgu Wiz for wanting to coach me to do this cake...which I have been dreaming of doing, ever since I started my endeavour in baking!!!
The story went like this....knowing that I will be in my 36th or 37th week gestation last weekend, I had earlier on secured, confirmed and delivered all orders for June, the last being on Sunday 28.6.2009. That Sunday was supposed to be a free and easy Sunday, cleaning up my room (yes...I meant to do that from god knows when), put the baby cot sheet on, etc, etc......but earlier in the week, I read in Wiz's blog that she had held a stacked wedding cake class.....which of course I had missed...well, even if I wanted to attend, I couldn't as I couped up with my orders!
So, feeling devastated, knowing that this baby is going to pop soon, I contacted Wiz, asking her when she will be having another class, in the nearest possible time? You know Wiz being Wiz, just like me, I think (of course with my gentle pressure!) gave me a date which was last Sunday....since am a time bomb!!!
We, as in myself, Lina (DH's cousin's wife of RS Bakeshop, who attended sugarflower class with me earlier) and the sweet Kak Izan of izanlily.blogspot were there eagerly to menimba ilmu! I had this idea that Wiz will be showing us how to do a very simple wedding cake...but you know Wiz yang pemurah tu taught us so many modules....smock, swag, frill, ribbon insertion, sugar paste ribbon and of course the essentials of how to cover the cakes, stack them together, 3 different fondant and sugar paste recipes.......think what Wiz charged us were very minimal!
And, of course, not to mention the delicious lunch of roast chicken, potato salad, Caesar salad, cheesecakes with strawberries...the recipes for roast chicken and potato salad also included in that day's package..........
I also got my patchwork butterfly cutter/embosser which I have been dreaming of, ordered by Wiz, in exchange I ordered petunia veiner for her........I chose baby blue for my assemble that day...wanted to do periwinkle blue, but time was of a challenge to me, so I settled for wilton's cornflower blue (no mixing of colours needed), as I had to really count the ticking of the clock as I had promised to watch Transformers with the kids, and had to be home by 6 latest!
I rushed home at around 5.30, chucked the cake on my dining table and only took pictures of it yesterday...by which time, I realise that there were some ants on the frills...and as I was trying to get rid of the ants I knocked down and broke some of the frills, ayai yai.....never mind....think if I'm still ok this weekend, I will reconstruct another cake as my profile!!!!

17 comments:

ummisara said...

KG,

cantikkkknya...tak sabar nak belajar dengan wiz. emailed her oleady :)

Anonymous said...

Yanie, cuba pusing kek tu sikit, I nak tgk the other side, ha ha ha. Did you finish what you were supposed to finish? Ni cikgu tgh mencekak pinggang ni. Thanks for all the sweet comments. I wished I could teach you guys more but everybody was leaving so soon.

edelweiss, I read that you emailed me, but I didnt get any emails from you. Could you email me again. Thanks.

mekyam said...

gorgeous-looking cake! :D

Naz in Norway said...

Yaniiiiiiiiiiii!(Naz dah cekak pinggang dah ni!)
Sempat lagi tu! :D
Tunggu anak anak I kawin nanti, I tempah kat you lah ya.
Take care, honey!
Hugs.

LifeBloom said...

*clapping all round* Congrats on the stacked cake dear!! InsyaAllah after you pop - boleh lah order!!

Baking in My Little Kitchen said...

Yani, Bila bersalin pse sms to me ok..nanti I ziarah...my office is just across the road from the hospital. 012-2271206... Take care!

Mama Huptihup said...

ooohhhhhhh soooo nice...lembik lutut i tgk kek u ni kak yani....eh u ni bila nak rehat2 bg baby dalam perut tu tarik nafas pnjg skit...mcm turbo daaaa..sempat lagi nak buat kek lawa2 ni...

KG said...

edelweiss,

rezeki i jumpa wiz...better get her dates fast!

KG said...

BJ,

ada rezeki you nanti i buatkan your b'day cake, inshaallah!

KG said...

wiz...cikgu,

he he!!!i'll make new ones and show you ok!!can't tq u enuff!

KG said...

mekyam,

tq! tqs for dropping by my blog.

KG said...

naz,

you know me if i duduk diam, i will demam...so i hv to do s'tg!!

KG said...

zura,

tqs for all your support all this while!!!

KG said...

kak izan,

you are so sweet...next time ajar i buat truffles, boleh???

KG said...

lyana,

i turbo mcm your "radio"...bila lagi nak mai kl nih!!

fiza said...

aduiiii...lawanyer....i selalu berangan je nak try smocking tu =P

ur latest entry dalam gelap tu pon sangat sweet..!

KG said...

fiza,

i must belajar from you how to do those gorgeous swirl roses!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails