Wednesday 15 December 2010

Marble Nutella Cake

What's not to like about this cake....the texture was dense and yet soft, the taste....buttery with a mixture of chocolatey taste and the gooey hazelnut paste in between....tq Rima who got the recipe from bro rozzan.
I decided to bake this during my break in Ayer Baloi, as much I'd love to try mant different varieties of cakes, but what really satisfies my taste bud is pure simple cakes such as this and Butter Cake! The flavors are not cluttered! And, the verdict after I sandwiched the cakes with Nutella....half were gone in a blink...everyone in the family loved it and Khadijah couldn't stop eating them!
Marble Nutella Cake

Ingredients
270g butter - I used Tatura salted
250g Hong Kong flour
230g caster sugar
10g cocoa powder
6 large eggs
2 tbsp condensed milk
1 tbsp ovalette
1 tbsp water
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla/vanilla powder - I used 1 teaspoon each of vanilla extract and powder
1 tbsp chcocolate paste - I added
Nutella spread

Method
1.Beat butter, milk, vanilla together until fluffy, set aside (A).
2.In another bowl whisk eggs, ovalette, water, baking powder, flour and sugar. Beat until fluffy and thick (B).
3.Combine batter A and B, mix well.
4.Remove 1/4 from batter and mix with cocoa powder and chocolate paste.
5.Prepare cake tins, since I was using my small oven, I used two 7x7 inches tins.
6.Marble the batter, use 3 scoops of plain batter and 1 scoop of cocoa batter.
7.Bake at 150C for about 30 minutes.
8.Let cool and spread Nutella in between.

Even though we finished half the cake for tea that day, it definitely tasted much better the next day...I had them for breakfast and tea before I pushed off for KL! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake looks yummm! But I don't have my appetite at the moment la Yani. Can't even open my mouth. Lost a molar yesterday and the pain is still lingering around. Pipi bengkak sebelah lagi. Ouch.

Caca said...

I will try this tonight.

Edi said...

dah berapa kali i dok belek recipe nie. HK flour takde kat rumah. kena pi beli. nutella pun dah habis. m... my next to do recipe. last weekends i buat sicilian orange cake lagi. bestla kek tu. must try this one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails