Monday 21 February 2011

Choc Bottom Banana Squares

I was in between bakings on Saturday...still had the Milkadeal orders trikkling in...also my existing confirmed orders that I had to adhere to...but I knew I had to do something to satisfy my crave....for a new recipe and my tummy , haha!

I had some bananas...Pisang Emas, so, while waiting for my bake to be ready I whipped this....simple and easy....done in about half hour....
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, about 113g- I used Tatura salted
1 cup sugar- I used 3/4 cup...pisang emas is usually very sweet
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas- I used 8 small ones...should have used more...i lurve pisang emas!
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder- Van Houten like I usually use
1 cup choc chips  
Method
1.Prepare cake tin....I used a 10x10 inches shallow cake tin.
2.Cream butter and sugar. Add in egg, vanilla and mashed bananas, mix well.
3.Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Mix well.
4.Divide batter in 2 portion, in one portion add the cocoa powder.
5.Spread the cocoa portion at the bottom of your tin, and top off with the remaining cream batter. Sprinkle with choc chips.
6.Bake at 170C for about 30 minutes. Let cool, I cut mine into 16 squares.
Well, I had 2 squares at a go....sedap you...I would consider this a Melayu version of Congo Bars...easy to make and very delicious too! Perfect for afternoon tea or a quick pick me up after a long day in the office :p

Thanks Anie and Rima for this recipe!

6 comments:

Anie said...

Salam KG,

Thank u for trying out this CBBS recipe ;) mmg cepat dimasak and sedap dimakan. Lembut ajakan hehehez. Sorry to read abt what happened to ur beloved car, dah repair ke blom.....

KG said...

salam anie...yummeh! bilalh i boleh pi nz...cantikkan !!
my car...masih tersadai at home...now driving my father's car!

Aisyah Pahmi said...

Aunty Yani I just made congo bars yesterday and I was waiting for this recipe hehehe. I was fasting the day Khadijah brought it to school :(
I wanted to try it so badly.

Your recipes are just wonderful Aunty Yani. Thank u so much!

ROYAL JESTER said...

la, masa i datang, tak siap lagi na...ala...missed it!takde rezki

pwincess D said...

Salam Kak Yani,

Kebetulan i pun baked this today! sedapnye ... kan! i wanted to try out your congo bars and devil's food choc cake recipes tapi tak dan-dan lagi ... valrhona dah beli dah. most probably i'll bake the devil's food choc cake this weekend for my hubby's bday :)..can't wait to rasa!

Buds of April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails