Tuesday 15 February 2011

Joie de Vivre...Ayer Baloi!

It was a long weekend....it was the Chinese New Year weekend! It was an opportunity for us to have a short breather, a quick break ...of course in Ayer Baloi! I needed to clean the kitchen, scrub the bathrooms, and vacuum and mop the floors....so we pushed off early Thursday morning! Got there at around 10.30 am.....the kids helped unloaded our stuffs...and I, after having my morning dose of Nescafe...escaped to my baking bliss....
Frangipani and old urn at the courtyard...
Lunch that day, no need to cook I told MIL...the catch from the nearby warung was scrumptious and as good if not better than our cooked assam pedas!
I made Marble Nutella cake for dessert!
In the evening we grilled some teruboks and kembongs and chickens for dinner...
Yusof taught Khadijah her first driving lesson....cool...pretty soon I have a driver!
Hajar and her bubbles from Ah Peng's!
Yusof crooning away wt my notebook!
A simple hantaran (gift) cake for an engagement...it was for Kak Ana's (my tea lady) son whose fiance lived 20 minutes away....cool kan! Design was inspired by my sugarpaste guru Whiz .
Kak Ana also ordered these macarons!
 
After seeing Kak Ana's macarons, hubby asked for his share...so I made these...Almond Macarons with Cream Cheese and Lychee filling...he had 5 in a go! And these babies finished in a blink!
I also made this Green Tea, Orange Peel, Vanilla, Hazelnut and Chocolate Macarons for Mag for CNY gifts...
And....before we left for KL on Sunday, I had this for breakfast...apakah.....Lapis Marie Cheese....recipe will follow!

....love your life like you enjoy a Goreng Pisang you alls....loves, Kitchen Guardian!:p

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The marie lapis looks dangerous. I am not going there, too risky. I have gained weight and how I know is that my feet cannot contain my extra weight. Too bad I have small feet so muct alsways keep my weight in check if not tak leh jalan kaki sakit, you! that extreme.

LifeBloom said...

Been reading your exploits darling - betul kata Wiz..sangla bahaya - am trying to reduce my sugar consumption...but so best reading about your culinary machinations and of course the ever engrossing ayer baloi!

Take care dearie - hope to catch up with you soon!

SFM said...

Hi kak Yani! am drooling over the macarons. Do you take orders? I'm living in Ayer Baloi too.. Boleh tak kalau nak order jugak?... next time lah whenever you're here. Thanks!

ROYAL JESTER said...

Oh My! See, dah ada order from Ayer Baloi. Berbaloi betul! hahaha.. this place call Ayer Baloi really sounds exotic thanks to your culinary speed and skills, of course! Anyhoo, I'd loveeeeeeeeeee to taste that lapis marie walaupun amat merbahaya.hahahahha

KG said...

wiz....tt's not a good excuse!

KG said...

zura....we hv to meet up and you hv to bring irfan to ayer baloi!

KG said...

nana...rumah di ayer bali is depan pusat kesihatan ayer baloi....email me your contact no, bila i balik kita buat macarons sama sama!you buatkan i burasak and lepat looi!

KG said...

putri royal jetster...meh bertenggek kat rumah i lagi! ayer baloi mmg berbaloi!

Anonymous said...

don't know how but you make ayer baloi seems like a very nice place. it's my kampung, where my dad grew up. i didn't see the beauty of that place until i read ur posts about it :) wonder if i can ever feel at home there..

Related Posts with Thumbnails