Wednesday 2 November 2011

Apple Strawberry Crumble (Gluten Free)

The last couple of nights have been free and easy nights for me. The order that was supposed to be for Friday was delivred on Tuesday. I have been getting inquiries and orders, most of which I had to turn down....I have been having this throbbing headache since Friday night, flu came on Saturday and went off, but the body ache and headache stayed, only to ease after I pop some Actifast...not good, eh!...and today the flue came again....I'm sorry peeps, I hate to turn you down, but I just have to....

Anyway, I made this last night. My first try a gluten free bake. This goes especially to my dear friend, who people usually think is my sister, Liza who has turned to be gluten free due to some health reasons...and Dena, who has a child who's on a gluten free diet, as well!
Ingredients (recipe was adapted from Canelle Vanille's recipe)
Almond crumble
100g butter, soft
100g sugar, next time I will use organic sugar
100g flour, I used Bob's Red Mill all purpose gluten free flour
120g ground almond
80g raw almonds, chopped
pinch of salt

Method
Cream butter and sugar until pale. Add flour, ground almond and salt, mix and add chopped almonds. The mixture will be sandy. Refrigerate for about an hour.
Apple Strawberry Filling (it was supposed to be blackberries and cherries, none was available at Hock Choon last night)
160g green apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
250g starwberries, hulled and quatered
10g flour, I forgot !
20g vanilla sugar
zest and juice of one lemon
pinch of salt

Method
In a large bowl toss the fruits together with sugar and mix with lemon juice and zest.

I divided the fruits filling and topped them with the almond crumble. Baked at 170C for about 40 minutes or until the juices from the fruits overflow!
I couldn't wait thill this morning to savour this! It was so, so,  good! Of course the crumble was crumble as almond and gluten free flour did not have any starch, but yup it was really good...I'd do my crumble this way always! ...and I have fallen in love with the ramekins that Tina gave me...cant get enough of them!
This are for Liza...Dena is away performing her Haj!

....some macarons...
120 pieces of macarons, Red Velvet, Double Choc, Salty Peanut Butter, Coconut, Mixed Berries jam (homemade) for Ayu, we did Alvels together, only met after she was referred to me by Tina, alhamdulillah. Tqs Ayu, tqs Tina!
Salty penut Butter and Mixed Berries Jam macarons for Zira, tqs Zira!

Bye, tq! Tqs for reading!

4 comments:

Edi said...

kak yani, Dena, Ardena Aziz? she's my senior at school... kalau betulla org yg sama :)
My son Faaeq is on Gluten Free Casein Free.. kalau nak buat ni kena tukar butter to margerin.. butter contains milk. gambar tu tempting nyer mak aih!

Unknown said...

Get well soon kak yani....anyway, finally i made the strwbry shortbread tart tu...tp for some reason my drizzle tak menjadi...how come ek?

KG said...

edi, yup dena your senior! try bthis one sedap!

KG said...

rina, am much better and made some macs early this morning. will be abking tonight! tq!

Related Posts with Thumbnails