Monday 9 January 2012

My Singapore Trip

This was where I was, with hubs over the weekend...Singapore!!! Well, initially, I wanted to make a day or two day trip, but hubs wanted to belanja me, and he too, like me needed some fresh air before this 2012 madness begins(hope not)! So, off we went and left all the kids at home under the care of my FIL, and Wan assisting with driving them around to and from school. I had cooked and prepared meals on Thursday night for Khadijah to heat up for lunch and dinner while we were away!Good training for Khadijah, so that in future we can leave the kids again, haha!

We left on Friday morning, and tq Air Asia, the "now everyone can fly airline"...we decided to fly! Once arrived, we decided to take the MRT from Changi to the hotel. It has been close to 3 years since I last visited Singapore, and somehow when in Singapore I felt like I was in a country so far away from home. Singapore to me is like the "Asian" London!

We checked in and refreshed, and headed out to Suntec City to have lunch with Rita, who used to work with the late Mr CP, hubs' senior partner in Singapore. It was almost like we were debating, so many stories to catch up with Rita....and then...

Rima and Mr Rima and Sonia fetched us and took me to my baking haven!...errr errr...I spent about S$500 in Sun Lik alone...got my Valrhona cocoa powder, white and Manjari buttons, fruit puree (one that I can't find in Pastry Pro), cake tins, tart tins, cutter, baking trays...ahhh! I love this place! I wanted to get some more stuff, but Rima said we'll go to the other shops!




Walking made easy in this Fitflop!


.....like Phoon Huat.....


...and Shermay's Cooking School....adoi, they have the different types of cake stands that I wanted, the only reason why I didn't get them was because they didn't have the size that I wanted! Another reason for me to go there soon! Of course there was also  The Lemon Zest at the Holland Village...by which time when I pop by, I have slowed down my purchases...we have almost filled up Rima boot!! Awesome...that was the word for baking supplies in Singapore....and mind you we decided not to go to ToTTs for fear that I would purchase more, muahaha!


Freshly made pastas in one of the restaurants at Holland Village.


After the madness at all the baking shops and when I depleted half my money, we decided to have coffee, while Rima's hubs dropped by his office. He was on leave that day as it was Sonia's first day in playschool!


We had this Vanilla Cinnamon Whoopie Pie with coffee.....


...and then we were whisked to the East Cost for makan!
  



Lemon Sugar Cane...new to me!


Asian universal delicacy, Satay! Rima had Satay Hati!


Chicken Wings!


Tahu Goreng with Sambal Kicap....mak ai, sedap giler!


...and PAri Bakar...




....and Gonggong! Pls don't mind my blue coloured fingers, got them while at Sun Lik! sedap you when cicah with Cincalok and sambal Kicap!


...if not for Sonia's lost bantal (not so busuk)...we would have stayed on...as we were all having verbal diarrhea...we were talking not stop! So, that night Rima dropped us at the hotel at around 10, she had her baking to do! Kita serupa, ahaha!


And she left us with this delicious Lemon Tart.....which I had for breakfast the next day...


....and a dozen of Paul's macarons. Paul had just opened in Takashimaya....compared to Laduree, I like this so far, considering I have not tried Pierre Hermes'!


...second day sunrise......


...and who can resist this lovely ribbons...adding them to my collections!


.....and this I made this morning around 1 am while tidying my house, using Maastrad Macaron Mat and the baking tray that fits it almost nicely ( have not been using Maastrad lately beacuse of this)! I used a one egg white recipe using fresh egg white! The macarons were filled with French Meringue Buttercream using homemade Starwberry jam!

Okay, adios for now...I still have a bit more update on Singapore after this!

18 comments:

Maizatul said...

KG,

Terliur tgk lemon tart and mac tu. masih lagi tak kesampaian nak rasa mac K.Yani. I've never been to Singapore. The closest is Changi Airport, tak kluar pun dari airport. Your pic make me wanted to explore the so called 'Asian London'. But since you mentioned now everyone can fly, probably can find a way to get there. what's the hotel rate like?
-mai

tireless mom said...

Well deserved one Yani :)

Rima said...

Nice photos!! sekarang baru ku nampak si mata gongong hahaha

ummisara said...

kak yani...baru tadik i visited rumah bisous a toi....n i dapat tau u memborong sakan...baru la i singgah rumah u pulak. awat tak boh mai gambaq barang-2 u shopped kat sun lik tuh??? cepat sambung ceghita...tak sabaq nih.

Faeez said...

KG,
Thanks for your contribution to the sg economy, hehe.. U didn't go to totts? Kalau u pergi, mesti belanja besar! There's always next time. Btw, love yr photos esp the one on the plane!

Anonymous said...

Hi Yani!

Finally I can post comments. I just love looking at your photos, of people, of your bakings etc etc. You are so talented and rajin!!

Jah (we met at Bad's house)

Edi said...

i didnt know we can eat that siput gonggong! banyak kat pantai belakang rumah i tu...

hehe.. borong sakan eh... i so envy u! tunjukla brg2 tu.. nak tengok!

Ribbon and Circus said...

KG,

Mmg sakan memborong kan.. Hehe hey, I don't know we can eat that gongong.. Ok k rima, where did you bring KG again? I need to try that gongong.. Huhu

Nice photos btw seme gambar baking shops haha

KG said...

Mai, lemon tart pi lah buat and then bak mai sikit. My macs sama saja mcm org lain punya macs and adkalanya dia leperq, tak macam i yg agak berisi dua tiga hari ni!

KG said...

yatt, i think so too!

KG said...

rima, gonggong part 2 soon i hope!tqs for ferrying us around!

KG said...

edelweiss, dah sambunggg!

KG said...

Faeez, tqs for dropping by! i see that you hv loads of tt bundt pans from totts!love your bakes!

KG said...

jah, bila lagi nak join the bandwagon!?

KG said...

edi, kena mai ghumah i kalau nak tengok...sebenraqnya tak dan nak take pics, balik saja i dah kemas simpan semua...jgn lupa nak guna sudah lol!

KG said...

RC...hawker centre kat East Coast tepi pantai gitu...sedap food dia semua!

cheapest hotels in singapore said...

The post is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.

Discovery Journeys India said...

Lovely pictures! Seems like a wonderful trip! I am daydreaming about it.

Thanks,

Kumbh Mela Festival 2013 | Sufi Music Journeys

Related Posts with Thumbnails