Monday 30 January 2012

Lempeng Kelapa

Last weekend was kind of busy for me. I managed to go to Pasar Tani on Saturday, finished a hantaran cake and in the afternoon ferried the little ones to Lorna, and in between dropped the hantaran cake and some macs! Pheww! Yeah, I didn't get to try any new recipes except that I made this Lempeng Kelapa for breakfast yesterday. Hubs asked to serve with Assam Pedas, so I made Assam Pedas Jenahak! I don't know if this is the recipe, but this was how I made them yesterday, like how my mil makes them!


Ingredients
2 cups of plain flour
2 cups dessicated coconut, I used fresh dessicated coconut that I got from Pasar Tani
a pinch of salt
a pinch of sugar
Hot water from the thermopot just enough to incorporate the ingredients together

In a bowl pour hot water on the dessicated coconut, leave for about 3 minutes and stir in the flour. Fold in water to get the consistency like a pancake batter. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan, heat 1/2 a tbsp cooking oil and pour about half a cup batter. Serve warm with Assam Pedas or Sambal Bilis or Curry!

...and here's some bakes and cakes and maacrons that I made last week...about the only orders that I accepted months ago for January (an order-free month!)


Blackcurrent, Dark Choc, Passion Fruit and Lemon White Choc Ganache Macarons for hantaran. Tq Syawal!


Another hantaran macarons, tqs Faten!


Vanilla cuppies for hantaran, tqs Zirah!


A real last minute order, got this order on Thursday at close to 11 pm, to deliver on Saturday afternoon. It was supposed to be a Merisik but turned Bertunang in Bachok Kelantan, I decided to bake the cakes on Friday very early morning and did the rest using ready made fondant (oh thank God, they didn't melt, the air around my house is very humid) on Friday night! Tqs Jihan for this order and the delicious keropoks!


For Mak Tok, Devil's Food Choc Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese and Fresh Starwberries...ordered by the cucu who can afford all the calories, tq Aishah, tq Zirah!



...errr another emergency hantaran...A Red Velvet Cake for Zirah's anak saudara, Tqs Zirah!


Some Macarons for Linda and Ana, tqs lovely people...and also tq Ami Royani for the Devil's Food Choc Cake and Pavlova order which I gave a polystyrene box, as the bakes were going back to Mersing! No photos as it was raining that evening when I got home!


.....last but not least thank you from the Kitchen Guardian for all your support! :p:p:p

6 comments:

LifeBloom said...

Love the logo and pics :))

Anonymous said...

Salams
Lempeng kelapa or pek nga.Yummylicious...

wawa

Edi said...

ecececececece nak tunjuk logo baru tu... cantiksss!!!!

i want to order yr macs kak yani.. one of these days... nanti i halo u okeh.

ROYAL JESTER said...

Eh Edi, mana boleh order, kena buat sendiri da..hehhe..gurau je..mmg cantik the new logo, so classic and classy!

Anonymous said...

The logo is YOU! nicely crafted. Congratulations Yanie.

wiz

zuhannisa said...

LOvely....Like em vey much...(^_^)

Related Posts with Thumbnails