Friday 21 January 2011

Black Forest Roll

Think this the easiset and fastest dessert to prepare...all done and ready to be savoured in less than an hour! Yup, it was Black Forest Roll and I got the recipe from Rima's and NingNong's. Here goes.....
Ingredients
5 eggs, I used size A eggs
100g sugar
1 tsp emulisifier
30g flour
25g cocoa powder, I used Van Houten's as usual
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp milk powder
100g melted butter, I used my usual Tatura salted
For filling I used St Dalfour's Black Cherry (which is always available at home, it's hubby's favourite)

Method
1.Beat eggs, sugar and emulisifier at high speed until thickens.
2.In the mean time prepare you baking tin, I used 12x12 inches pan, oiled with butter and baking paper. Set oven at 190C.
3.Sift flour, cocoa powder, corn flour and milk powder. Add to the egg, sugar, emulsifier mix, slowly mix to incorporate.
4.Pour melted butter (cooled) into the mix and mix well.
5.Pour into cake pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
6.Once removed from the oven and still hot turn over the cake onto a clean baking paper, I used my Silpat. 
7.Spread jam and start rolling the cake....I let it cool a bit before dipping into choc ganache...didn't have time to decorate the cake...when I came home from work the next day, all were gone! 
Nothing pretencious about these, they were delicious swiss rolls, that you won't find from the supermarts..."How come this swiss rolls didn't taste like the ones from the kedais?", asked my daughter! "Sebab Mummy yang buat!!", I said!....so go whip some at home y'alls!.

4 comments:

Tina said...

sedap!! i like swiss rolls...teringat zaman kecik2 jugak!! betol ke everything in less than an hour?? must try then!! thanks for the recipe, yani!

Anonymous said...

Only swift hands like yours can whip this in less than an hour. kalau mcm I terhegeh2 mesti nak dkt 2 jam pun belum tentu siap. But compared to kek lapis this is a quicker dessert to make definitely.

KG said...

tina....pi buat!

KG said...

wiz...your hands are smaller and swifter, hehe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails