Tuesday 29 December 2009

2009, The Year of Friendship!

Yup, I wish to declare this year as the Year of Friendship. I made many new and marvelous friends, ever since I started blogging. Some are new found friends, some are commons friends of my friends...and in this month alone, it's almost like a "jejak kasih" or the meeting of friends' month.

There have been several meetings with my dear childhoold friends the St Nicks girls in KL. And I met my St Nicks friends when I went back to Alor Setar during Raya Haji, and Lyana A Peek Into Life Sungai Petani. I have also met in person Yatt Tireless Mom, Kak Ezza, Kak Zaitgha, Ida Scent of A Woman, Kak Zaidah a silent reader and of course Gina Madam Tai Tai who is back in KL temporarily..

Last week I met in person the well known Kak Teh and her famous husband Awang Goneng, and my blogger and FB friend from the land far away Cape Town, Shaheida! Kak Teh and Awang Goneng is in town for a book launch "Kulit Manis A Taste of Terengganu's Heritage". They were also attending Kak Teh's nephew's wedding, Azril and Kamelia.
Kak Teh had contacted me a couple of weeks earlier to order the above cupcakes as wedding favours, I made 200 of them! I hope they went well with the guests as I tried a new recipe for this vanilla cuppies by adding buttermilk in the batter, which gave a smooth taste of the cake!
After the book launch, we adjourned to the rumah pengantin...the afternoon session had just finished...
Kak Teh, myself berborak with Kak Puteri, Shaheida, Pak Abu, Awang Goneng and my daughter.
In person with Oli, Kak Puteri (I call her the other version of Adibah Noor, as both are very talented and both have gorgeous voices!), Kak Teh (who reminds me of me with the kalutness, but of course I am without the oratory or writing skills such as Kak Teh's), Shaheida and me! People had thought that Shaheida and me are sisters....we look alike don't we!?
Hmm, what can I say about Awang Goneng...he reminds me of my mentor in Uni Prof John Andrews, serene, calm, full of knowledge and wisdom..I will read your Growing Up In Trengganu, sir!
A brief meeting with Kak Pi and Raden Galoh...too bad I couldn't join their Sunday brunch last Sunday in One Utama, I got hal keluarga.
This was my very first time jumpa Kak Teh and Awang Goneng and Shaheida at the Food Bazaar after the launch of "Kulit Manis".
I am so blessed to have bumped into all these lovely people, this meeting hasn't stopped yet for this month, more updates with more friends later...tra :-)

8 comments:

Sweet Serenity said...

dear kitchen guardian...it's definitely been a friendship year for me as well....thank Allah for facebook i was reunited with classmates from as far back as darjah satu! and of course it's great meeting bloggers in person and in living color! hey...let me know if you're looking for anyone to taste-test your superyummylicious cakes....I'm always available...so sickening that you have all these adorable kids and have a wonderful figure and me...mother of none and caretaker of many looks like i've given birth to half a herd of cows!!

LifeBloom said...

Yes 2009 is indeed a year of friendships and reunions :D...And nice to see all the familiar bloggers' names. K Teh is all that I imagine and more - so little time the other day kat Holiday Villa. Lovely post as usual dear :D

tireless mom said...

So you are also orang kuat for Azril and Kamelia's wedding ye. The vanilla cuppies must be delicious, as usual.

Meet and more meets. Dun forget our date, lunch Thursday ni!

Unknown said...

Salam sis...

It was a great pleasure to have met you in person that Sunday at Marriott lobby though for a short stint...

And I have been admiring your baking skills and after seeing the ones in the photo for the wedding, I think I have you in mind for future orders....

Wishing you salam mesra and Happy New Year sis!

KG said...

oli,

anak ramai macam tulah, makan punkadang kadang miss :))

KG said...

zuraaaa,

tahun ni is the tahun....i found you...waaaaaa!!!

KG said...

Yatt tireless mom,

yup, see you on thursday...alah kek tu utk function malam je...tak dak apa pun!

KG said...

Kak raden,

memang blessing indisguise i jumpa you. read my recent post, i think i need to talk to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails