Monday 7 December 2009

Jejak Kasih Part 1

Timah...sama saja from those days..
Ayan, myself, Billie, Kak Tan and Timah...."Osmayani, awat I rasa you tinggi sangat dulu no"...says Billie...my answer was " Habis calcium with six children, so dah jadi kemetut"!

I'd like to call this post Jejak Kasih...as it was indeed menjejak kasih... of my primary school friends whom I hadn't met since 1984! It was going to be Hari Raya Haji and my father had asked us to return to Alor Setar for kurban that he was doing for Muhammad. And I took this opportunity to catch up with Kak Tan, whom I have always considered an elder sister I never had!

We arrived on Thursday 19th Dec and that afternoon after sorting out my family's lunch ie ikan bakarq mengancam from Jalan Teluk Wanjah, we drove to Jitra to meet Kak Tan...with the highways, Jitra was only ten minutes away from my house in Jalan Datuk Kumbar! OH! Kak Tan hadn't changed a bit after all these years.....and of course both shed tears hugging each other upon seeing each other...I miss Kak Tan.....and before we knew it was almost maghrib and DH ajak balik..... I thought I will never see Kak Tan again as we were going to be packed the following days...Borak borak and more boraks

But, that night Timah and Liza (from my ALevels days) came visiting me at Taman Nakishah, and I received a message from Billie wanting to see me also. And Ayan too texted me...so apa lagi we ie moi dengan muka tak malunya went to Kak Tan's again on Saturday, as my dear friends decided that we berkumpul at one place and meet each other!

I was the happiest person on earth that moment....we ate, no, I was the only eating...but we talked and talked and reminisce, boy I missed my friends......

Kak Tan holding Muhammad...unloading some weight from me!

There are some who are doing well in their lives, one killed herself because of sakit hati, kesian Li Lian, one died of brain tumor Lee Ling, one died because of some weird disease Suhaini, a few ended up as number 2 and tak berapa happy, a few have many children like me, and many of whom we are still trying to locate ! Whatever it is, I realised that we read the same books, used the same colour pencils, ate the same food at the canteen...taught my Sister Eugenie...but no one knows our fate in the later lives.....I am really bersyukur that I have friends from St Nicks!
All in the family, Kak Tan and family, Yani and family, Ayan and family, Billie, Timah and her son Adam and Nadia my niece....one BIG HAPPY FAMILY!

.....until the next post folks for the continuation of this....

10 comments:

Kak Ezza@makcik Blogger said...

Seronok nya hang jumpa kengkawan lama yang masih cun cun lagi......
Happy sangat tenguk kemesraan yang telah terjalin semula...
Hmmm..tenguk Muhammad tu tambah debab laa...

Naz in Norway said...

Yani,
I will have a lot of catching up to do with the who's up to what and mapping out stuff. Give me a few days and I'll be on top of things...haha!

Yes, I do remember that Billie speaks wonderful Kedahan Malay. Macam tu lah dia dari dulu. Senyum memanjang.

Tim always make me laugh at St Nicks. I love her Mak Nenek-ness.

Kak Tan is younger than you lah, Babe! (perasan muda ka???)...haha!

Aian dengan Daumy...what can I say...they are made for each other.. :)

Looking forward to hugging all of you soon. Winduuuuuuu :)

tireless mom said...

Just had one of our batch gatherings last weekend. Yes, sure was gamat like yours. When we met up again, it was as if that we have not gone separate ways kan, just picked up at where we left.

Kak Teh said...

ish, jenuh kak teh dok perembang kut kut ada yang kenai! tapi semua muda2.

wiz said...

We went different ways the moment we left school kan Yanie. So many stories, so many lives changed or made for all.

KG said...

Kak Ezza,

You are also part of the jejak kasih...frm alam bloigger he he!

KG said...

naz,

i can smell you frm here!

KG said...

Yatt,

kita jejak kasih selalu over fb:))

KG said...

Kak Teh,

Jejak kasih wt you sooon...

KG said...

wiz,

you are also prt of this jejak kasih...from cake world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails