Thursday 25 August 2011

Lebaran Treats For Mak and MIL - Part II

I have been quiet the past few days, and it felt like I was in an amazing race....to bake! It was madness in the office and also back in my kitchen! Anyway, I managed to do altogether 4 types of cookies for mak and mil, all in all! Those cookies that I gave mak and mil are still save with them....mine...are slowly depleting, the boys mucnh on them after iftar, but nevermind...I will make some more after raya....if I have the time....I have another amazing race on the 10th Sept weekend...but am all so excited for that events!
Tart Nenas that I made last Saturday...recipe is from http://inawhiz.blogspot.com/2011/08/kuih-raya-buat-mak-part-ii.html. Why I chose this recipe! Wiz dropped by the other day and gave me a jar of this cookies...they were gone in the next two days! It was super easy to make them and of course super fast to finish them as well! 
I used ready made pineapple jam from Bake With Yen....will make some more in Muar this weekend using the jam that mil gave.
...and mil requested for this...Biskut Samprit, the recipe is here :http://kitchenguardian.blogspot.com/2010/09/cerita-kueh-rayaand-resepi-biskut.html . 
...I'm so tired and sleepy. I told the kids and hubs that I didn't want to cook for iftar this week, the traffic since last week has been madness....but today, I have to cook, can't shove those bought meals anymore...and nothing beats steaming hot rice with a descent  meal...tonight I will make Sambal Sadin and Chicken Curry! 
I have yet to get the Baju Melayus for the boys...this year my dear Mak Mah who sews our Baju Kurong Johor could only sew my baju and hubs.....she's old and tired to do all ouf our Baju Kurongs..... 
This were some macarons that I made for Najmi, whom I met via Twitter.....Dark Chocolate with Raspberry Dark Choc Ganache (new), DArk Chocolate with Dark Chocolate Caramel Ganache (new) and Almond Macarons with Passio nFruit Pastry Cream filling...tqs Najmi!  The macarons were baked on Silpat. 
Thought I'd continue making cookies on Tuesday...but I got a call in the morning asking for some 21 cakes for Maybank's clients!....So I made 21 Sicilian Orange Cakes, and slept for mere 2.5 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday...the cakes were delivered this morning...and thank you Ely for this order! 
Wrapped like this and in bubble foam...the cakes were sent by courier! 

Since there were no food ttesting session prior to this order, I made this for Ely and Zuraida!

Tomorrow will be my last day at work before we pack up for Muar and Ayer Baloi...my baking will continue at mil's and Ayer Baloi!

If you don't hear from me after this Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri, Maaf Dzahir dan Batin...and tq so much for reading, and sorry for not leaving my comments...I read them in the wee hours of the morning via my BB!Drive safe and enjoy raya!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yannie, I updated the tart nenas punya resepi. Better texture this time.

mimie1678 said...

fuh kak! 21 cakes... if me... pengsan!

Selamat Hari Raya yer kak... Maaf Zahir Batin... Halalkan makan minum..resepi akk..tunjuk ajar akk...

Berhati2 di jalan raya.. :)

mimie@DC

Maizatul said...

K.Yani,
U memang SUPERDUPERWOMAN!!!!
I tak tau you makan apa to have such energy. If I belum apa2 dah pengsan.
Terliur2 tengok macaron you, rasa cam nak gi menuntut sekali lagi pasni nak buat betul2 :).
Anyway, wishing you and family selamat hari raya, maaf zahir batin. Have a safe journey to Muor and Ayer Baloi....
-mai

1na said...

Kak Yani,

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri
Maaf Zahir dan Batin...

tak balik kedah?

=)

Fulltime Mom said...

Salam aidil fitri to you and Haq and the kids, Yani!

KG said...

wiz! tqs tak taulah sempat buat ke tak! selamat hari raya maaf zahir batin!

KG said...

mimie....tak pengsan aih...buat jer!

KG said...

mai....bukan superwoman...super mom haha, tak adelah! you can also do the same, buat jer!

KG said...

ina..tak, tak balik .....khadijah trials start after raya!

KG said...

fulltime mom! tqss selamat hari raya to you and family too!

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

Selamat Hari Raya to u Yani. Harap2 one day I can see u in person rather than in blog... I pun nak balik JB...

Murni

Ana Rashid said...

Yani, next time you kelolakan kelas membuat makaron, kak ana nak join...kena belajaq secara berdepan, tak leh main tgk video and baca on-line je...

selamat hari raya to you and the family...

cerita said...

i like your post....

Related Posts with Thumbnails