Monday 23 April 2012

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Brownie

....I ordered my Berjaya oven on Saturday. But, the one that I wanted was out of stock, so I have to wait till  mid May, the earliest time before I got mine! In the mean time, my dad called me yesterday and insisted that I should stay with my current employment and forget the quitting drama that has been going on!????!!!

...and we are all in a sombre mood, my Tok Yam our pillars of strength was hit with a massive stroke on Friday in her bathroom and only discovered on Saturday late evening....don't think she will recover. Her blood pressure is okay, she is semi paralysed, her right limbs are gonner, but the massive hemorrhage in her brain has left her in a state of almost vegetative...I wanted to go back to Baling, but Ayah asked to stay put for now.....there will be decisions to be made between my mom and her siblings as someone has to mind my Tok Wan who is already senile and another person has to care for Tok Yam. Adik has decided that Tok Yam came here and we'll hire a nurse to care for her..I pray for the best for my Tok Yam...couldn't imagine a person like me lying down motion and emotionless, hmmmm.

I made this Peanut Butter Choc Chip Brownie last week, after I saw this in Bakerella's blog. It was super easy to make and I thought that this was the peanut butter version of Congo Bars! So , if you loved Congo Bars and you loved Peanut Butter, make this!


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter, soft
1/2 cups peanut butter, I used chunky skippy's..that's all i had!
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup (or more) dark choc chip

Method
Preheat oven at 160C, prepare a square 8x8 cake tin, greased and lined with overhanging baking paper.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Beat butter and sugar till light, add peanut butter, and beat. Beat in eggs one by one, add sifted flour and baking powder and salt. Lastly, fold in choc chips. Bake for about 30 minutes. I didn't do the topping, having this squares on their own were good enough!


I made this macarons to send to Aireen in Ipoh and Maizatul in Kemaman!


...and decided to try this Red Velvet Cake made using butter! My version of Red Velvet Cake uses corn oil, I love them both in terms of taste and texture. Super yumms! 


A Red Velvet Cake....


A Devils's Food Choc Cake with Choc Ganache and sprinkled with Milo...


....and a Victoria Sandwich Cake ordered by Chor Pee Anwarul & Co for their clients!Tq hubs!


...made this Red Velvet cupcakes for Kak Faezah my senior during Alevels, Tq Kak Faezah!


...and made this Berries Tart for my Regulatory and Legal Div pot luck on Friday!


.....in my mind right now is my Tok Yam and this old house....let's pray for the best for Tok Yam, amin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yani!

The texture of my brownies were almost cake like (they tasted yum, though), where did I go wrong? Any ideas?

fulltimemom

Related Posts with Thumbnails