Friday 4 May 2012

Tish Boyle's Rich Marble Pound Cake

.....just by looking of Rima's pictures of this cake I knew that I must bake this cake. And, that's what I did last night, after coming back from my class. I made this cake and a Devil's Food Chocolate Cake for Nizzar's birthday cake....in my mind was the Marble Cake slice that I used to get from the Mamak Roti who cycles around my neighbourhood when I was a kid...a slice of that cake was enough to satisfy my craving!


Ingredients
342g cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
500g sugar , I reduced to 300g
20g cocoa powder, and add with 90ml water to create a paste, I used Valrhona! Mix this with 3 cups batter
340g butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5 large eggs
120ml (1/2 cup) milk

Method
1.Preheat oven at 170C, prepare cake tins. I usedmy Nordic bundt pan.
2.Sift flour with baking soda and salt.
3.Make the chocolate paste.
4.Beat butter with sugar and vanilla till light and creamy. Add eggs one by one.
5.Add flour and milk in two additions, fold till incorporated, dont beat!
6.Pour in pan, layer by layer in order to create the marble effect. Bake for about 40 minutes or until skewer inserted in the comes clean!

I had a slice the minute the cake came out from the oven.....I just couldn't resist!...and guess what it tasted better today...just had another slice before I start composing this....and Zira's Marble Cake is baking in the oven :p...tqs Rima for posting this recipe, miss you and can't wait to meet you you next come over!

Okeh...I have some pictures of my bakes that I wanted to post here, but they are everywhere, in my camera and in Instagram. A friend asked why I have been quite lately....well, i'm laden with work in the office, my right hand is suffering from using a hand-mixer for my macarons, so, am taking easy a bit with my baking and yup i'm busy with my new venture.Life is great, have a nice weekend, make this marbellous marble cake and smile :p:p:p

4 comments:

Rima said...

I miss u too!! No whatsapp no sms huhuhu

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

Mcm sedap je kek ni Yanie. Harus try... Thanks to both of u...

Cilantro said...

Hi Yani,
Wishing you miles of smiles in the coming years and May all your dreams and wishes come true!

"Happy Mothers day"

Cilantro said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails