Monday 4 June 2012

Lemon Lime Squares

...last week was madness! I was doing things on an auto mode....didn't have time to pause and think, it was do, do , and do! And I couldn't believe I survived last week, pheww! Life is pretty quiet since yesterday, since I finished all my orders on Saturday, except one Victoria Sandwich Cake that I did on Saturday  night.

...and yesterday, we spent some family time with the Baharom clan and Kak Ayush's house and later dropped by my sister's house in Shah Alam...of course there were lots of food along the way....gatherings are all about makan you see! Alhamdulillah for the rezeki!

I didn't have time to try any fancy schmenacy recipes, but I made a Strawberry Gallette, which tasted awesome and all, except that I stuffed way too many strawberries that my gallette was swimming in starwberry sauce, sort of! Well, I just have to make them again before I postsome pics and recipe here!

...and I made this tangy, tart supposed to be lime bars, hehe, when I found enough lemon and lime in my fridge and decided to turn them into this super sedap no eggy taste at all Lemon Lime Squares....on Saturday!  and while entertaining besties Bad and Liza and their brood!


To make the crust
8 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour

To make the topping
1 cup sugar - I used 3/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime and lemon zest...I sukaaaa!
1/2 cup strained fresh lime and lemon juice
Powder sugar for dusting - I didn't add




Method
Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. I used my rectangular tart tin (which I loved very very much, hehe.

For the crust
Combine the melted butter with the sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl. Add the flour and mix just until incorporated. Using your fingers, press the dough evenly over the bottom of the pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, our until the crust is fully baked, well browned at the edges, and golden brown in the center.

For the topping
Stir together the sugar and flour in a large bowl, until well mixed. Whisk in the eggs, then stir in the lime and lemon zest and juice.

When the crust is ready, turn the oven down to 150 degrees C. Slide the rack with the pan out and pour the filling onto the hot crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes longer. The topping should not jiggle in the center when the pan is tapped. Place on a rack and cool completely in the pan.

Cut into bars and if desired, sift powdered sugar over them just before serving. We had them almost immediately after it was removed from the oven....sedaaapppp!...and tqs Meeta fro What's For Lunch Honey for sharing this awesome recipe!

....and here's some bakes that I made a couple of weeks ago! Tqs beautiful peeps.....









....till the next post....tra...notice that I used my instagram for my photos, show how desperate I was for time last week, hehe! Anyway, have a productive week ahead!xoxo

2 comments:

norbashima said...

Speechless.....:-D .....all the cakes and mac look so tempting and yummylicious...

Easy Flapjack Recipes said...

Sounds delicious for this recipe! It's make me hungry :) i can't wait to eat this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails