Wednesday 22 June 2011

Not So Giant Double Choc Cookie

Well....they might not be so giant a cookie! But they were nice enough to satisfy my craving for some thing chocolatey and the baking prowess in me......late last night! At 11 to be exact! But making these...are super easy! I didnt even use a handheld mixer, let alone my stand mixer...the old wooden spatula was good enough to execute the job!So...apa tunguu lagi! Here goes:
Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks or about 226g butter), at room temperature.
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder, I used Valrhona that SHBredow got from Germany
21/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 semi-sweet choc chips...I chopped some Callebaut dark choc buttons...didn't have any choc chip handy
Method
1.Preheat oven at 160C. Prepare baking sheets with baking/parchment paper...think they God's greatest creation! Use and throw..err...am not so green!
2.Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy...I added a tsp of vanilla essence also!
3.Beat eggs one at a time. Add cocoa powder...I didn't sieve...lazy and sleepy were the words!
4.Add sifted flour, salt and baking powder until well combined...and phleze do not beat, just fold ya!
5.Lastly add choc chips, or like mine chopped chocolate buttons! Voila...I love myself.
6.Ideally you should divide the batter into 12 portions/balls, flatten them on the baking paper and bake....but well...the lazy me just scopped a mountain tablespoon full of batter and flatten them a bit on the baking paper before baking for about 20 mins.

...ooops the recipe was from here :annies-eats...wonderful, wonderful blog!

I couldnt wait till this morning to taste...they were so dark but darn delicious...I had mine with Nescafe, before I hit the slumber last nite!
...and guess what? They tasted even better this morning....I felt good especially when I shared this with my colleagues and SuperWomanWannabe...whom I officially crowned as my food taster, haha!Hope you liked them Shila!

Well, peeps have a beutiful day and happy baking...errr bila lagi!?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

wow i envy u sanggup bersengkang mata nak baking ....i wish i could do tht too...anyway, so far nigella double choc chips is my fav, kena try buat yg ni plak...tx for sharing kak yani

kay_leeda said...

Wow...them cookies are simply lovely!! Ni yg nak rasa nak buat cookie plak lah ni :))

Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Maizatul said...

KG, rasa dia chewy tak? mana nak ku cekau choc chips ni.thanks for sharing ....

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

SEDAP !! I AM SITTNG HERE WITH MY COFFEE MELTING THE CHOC BIC IN IT ! TERIMAKASIH!!!!

mumsie said...

i have to say la Yans, you are amazing. you bake and you share. i tengok blog orang lain tak der pon nak share resepi ke bagai. betul lah..you're my idol!!

Sizuka said...

k.yani, i love recipes in annies blog, love the photos too. :)

KG said...

rina...eleh mcm you tak buat !kerna cinta!

KG said...

kay, you must try this simple and very quick and sedaaappp...

KG said...

maizatul, yup chewy! tak dak choc chip, po chop some good lindt chocs and tarok sana!

KG said...

sw shila, am glad i hv u!...in all the ways!

KG said...

mumsie...itu nak soh you buat!

KG said...

shida sizuka...i suka suka suka..aniie's eats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails