Thursday 28 July 2011

Marmer Cake and When In School...

Marmer Cake...Marble Cake....this is one of the cakes that I have known from very young! It is a must cake for Hari Raya at my grandma's...my mom doesn't bake, you see, so my aunt will make sure that this cake apart from Kueh Bahulu was served! Now, that I bake, am still searching for the best Marble Cake (...and Butter Cake, they are my favorites!) to bake!

I made this one on Tuesday night while waiting for my macaron nshells to dry. It was very easy, I didn't want to create more mess, so, I used my hands and my wooden laddle to whisk this cake! Easy peasy, in less than an hour, you have this Marble Cake!
Ingredients
300g butter, I used SCS
280g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 eggs
300g flour, I would use cake flour the next time round
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water, I used Valrhona...just got my supply from Rima
1 tsp black forest paste, I added (you can use choc emulco)
Method
Preheat the oven, prepare your cake tins. My oven was 170C, I used 3 7x3x3 loaf pans.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda.
Dissolve cocoa powder in hot water, set aside.
Whisk butter, vanilla and sugar until smooth and light.
Add eggs one by one until well incorporated.
Fold in sifted flour, until well combined.
Take half of the batter and add cocoa paste and black forest paste.
Scoop the batter alternately into your baking tins, bake for about 35 minutes.

I got the recipe from Rima. ...the cake tasted better the next morning...it'd even better if you spread with blackcherry jam or starwberry jam....tak percaya, pi try! haha!
....and this!...I made about 200 macarons on Sunday, some for myself and most of them for Khadijah's Canteen Day. Aisyah had requested me to help her with the shells...she makes her own macarons, too! Their's were supposed to be a dessert table....and you can see here http://meksah.blogspot.com/2011/07/anxious.html what Aisyah had prepared for their Canteen Day.....admirable, talented, sweet and intelligent Aisyah! I'd take her to be my partner in my deli, haha...jom Aisyah!
Chocolate Macarons' shells, drying...I used Natahalie's recipe that has melted choc and cocoa powder, all Valrhona! 
....but, my Canteen Day those days was about sandwiches and ayaq sirap or karipap saja, haha!
...and here's some macarons I made about a month ago for my school mate whom I met after.....I can't count now...we last saw each other on the flight to UK in 1988, multi coloured and multi fillings macarons for Rostam, one of the cleverest boy in school who now works as a medical practitioner and lives in Edinburgh. Tq Rostam, your children and wife are lovely! Must come again for dinner when you return!

7 comments:

syasya said...

yummy.i would try this soon! insyaAllah.thanks dear

Tina said...

i love love love your mac colours!!!! so so so so pwetty!!

Aisyah Pahmi said...

you are too kind with your words hehehe :')
my my that'd be an honour! jom jom jom! I can start after spm hahaha :P

Aisyah Pahmi said...

oh and thank u, u have just raised my blog hits by 200! my goodness

KG said...

syasya...try jgn tak try! tqs for coming by!

KG said...

tina...tqs...tapi skirt pendek haha!tu before nathali's class! dia skirt sesuka hati, sat pendek sat panjang!

KG said...

aisyah! my pleasure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails