Tuesday 28 August 2012

Holy Macaron....


Cooling them macaron shell with the bottoms up!

...I figured that I should start getting into the grooves of macaron making after leaving it during fasting month! I have a new oven to test...well I have been testing and baking with Mastrad.....they were ok except that there were a few disaster ie volcano shells, but with nice feet...huh how? So, last night early morning, I decided to give them a shot, am behind my order for this week....baked one tray with all the shells dried, in the airconditioned hall, dining area.....nice feet with a few volcanos...sigh...sigh.....it has been very wet since we came back from Raya hols, and it was raining also last night when I piped the shells....

So, for the second tray I decided to oven dry them first like I normally do.......after 15 mins (10 mins to dry in the oven, and 5 mins baking at 100C)...voila, nice feet no cracks whatsoever! Think I can make more macarons in this weather with this oven , teehee....chow for now:p:p:p

xoxo Yani the Kitchen Guardian....

4 comments:

Zatil said...

Selamat hari raya kak Yani..

I thot of re-trying baking macs this weekend..reading your macs story really puts me down to hold on till good weather appears!! Fear to face the failures :(

KG said...

zatil...take the plunge buat saja hehuuhuhu

Unknown said...

LOTS OF GOODNESS~~~ SHARE PLS?;(

sarah said...

Hi can you explain the oven drying? issit after baking or before?

Related Posts with Thumbnails