Monday 20 September 2010

Chocolate Cheese (Mascarpone) Brownies


I was having some guests coming on Sunday, and I only had made a Victoria Sandwich cake and some Choc Chip Cookies and Butter Cookies left to serve, and I was desperate for time! So, what did I do at 4 am on Sunday (I dozed off early the night before, was knackered due to the raya raya ziarah)? I baked this Brownie...my Mascarpone Cheese had expired, so, I used Cream Cheese...the taste of the Brownie....orang melayu would say "Terangkat"! I would have flown had I used Mascarpone Cheese! And the recipe is from Bake or Break !!

Brownies
1 cup unsalted butter (I used Tatura salted)
3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, I used cream cheese at room temperature!
3 large eggs, I used size A
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt, I used a pinch of salt

Preheat oven at 150C, butter an 8 inch tray, I used my 8x12 inch casserole glass pan.

In a double boiler, melt the butter and dark chocolate. Sift sugar and cocoa powder (I didn't), add to the butter and dark chcocolate mixture. Beat in the cream cheese, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Fold in flour and salt.

Pour batter into glass pan, bake for about 40 minutes. Let cool before pouring the chocolate ganache.

Chocolate Ganache
6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
6 tbsp heavy cream or whipping cream
3 tbsp butter

In a double boiler, heat butter and cream until almost boiling, pour in the dark chocolate, stir the mixture until smooth. Let cool a bit and pour on cooled brownie....

ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY !


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails