Thursday 28 April 2011

Molten Chocolate Babycakes...My Attempt To Become A Domestic Goddess!

I have only had this chocolatey dessert once, at Tammarind Springs....hubby and I had dinner with Mr and Mrs Nordin, and Superwomanwannabe and Superman......a few years back! We have not been out for dinner for quite a while, infact ever since we made do without a helper, hubby and I had never been out on Friday nights...our rendezvous night! We now spend time with the kids, or ferrying Khadijah for her tuition classes on Friday nights! 
And...why this Molten Chocolate Babycakes....I have doggymarked this page in Nigella's How To Be A Domestic Goddess book ever since I don't know when!....Ha ha! I opened the book last night looking for something and stumbled on this....I also want to leave this for your taking to do over the weekend...yes...peeps!? I made this at 5 this morning and by the time I got to work, they were nicely tucked in my LocknLock, managed to snap some pics and brought a few for my colleagues in the office! It's that easy okay! 
I love love this silicon moulds given by Sham!
Ingredients
50g soft butter
350g best dark chocolate, I used 50% Valrhona Manjiri and 50% Colatta Dark Choc Chips
150g caster sugar
4 large eggs, I used 4 medium eggs, that's all I had
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g plain flour
pudding moulds, I used 6 ramekins and 3 silicon moulds
Method
1. Preheat oven at 200C, grease moulds with butter and line with baking paper.
2.Melt dark chocolate and let cool.
3.Beat butter and sugar. Add in vanilla, add in eggs one by one.
4.Pour the melted dark chocolate and lastly fold in flour. Divide equally amongst moulds. 
5.To bake I warmed my baking tray first in the oven while the oven was heating. Then, I quickly took out the baking tray and arrange the moulds filled up with the batter.
6. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.

This dessert is best served warm with ice cream...so what you can do if you are serving your guests is to prepare the batter in the moulds and keep in the fridge and bake them when your guests are ready for dessert! Voila, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! This was my breakfast this morning :p

14 comments:

noriza said...

Yani,

Easy for you, is hard for me.
Hard for you, is IMPOSSIBLE for me...
so, klu i teringin -i calling2 you pk??

[siti] said...

hi sis,

done this a few time before, n mmg awesome kan? btw, i got my recipe from sis rima's blog. :D

ni terus rasa tempted nk buat lagi ni. hehe.

ROYAL JESTER said...

senang je kan..recipe nigella mmg ok senang..and sedap..my fren kat UK yg ada this book yg email me the recipe.her coca cola cake pun sedap..hehe

Ana Rashid said...

timely...raihanah was asking me if i can suggest recipes for molten cakes she wants to try on her own; btw, can i line the ramekins with paper cups instead???

Edi said...

I LOVE COOKING FOR YOU.
how CUTE is that???

mai.. said...

i ve tried this recipe before, so unfortunate... kt trg ni mana le nk dpt best cocoa mcm akak.. tu yg rasa pon muak, x laku kt umah.. so oily..frust.. x jd goddess.. jd hodos .. ada le..

KG said...

Noriza...my pleasure, just tell whn!

KG said...

siti...mamng..makan pepanas dhg eskrerimsedap tu!

KG said...

putri resepi senang...tapi i tak jadik domestic goddess lagi pun!

KG said...

raihanah boleh jd pa i lah!

KG said...

nadia, the love mould my fren beri....kalau cari ada tu di sini! i'll be in ayer baloi this weekend, meh singgah!

KG said...

edi....i jumpa the robbon at haby & wools...suka sgt!

KG said...

mai, try lagi, pi carik dark choc...i pakai dark choc chips yg juai at bagus, makan panas panas dgn cream or ice cream sedap tu!

ummisara said...

kak yatt..

nak kena try nih ... hehehe thanks for teh tempting pic...:P

Related Posts with Thumbnails