Monday 14 March 2011

Lavender Camomile Macarons with Blueberry Filling

I was very excited when I saw this: mac-attack-17-sugar-spice ! And why shouldn't I!!! I have always loved lavender and camomile, but for the tropical climate here, I wish I could grow them here! And, of course, blueberries, who can resist them...yums!
You know...I have fond memories of lavenders...they remind me of my summer days in London, whilst my stay during my Bar Finals...the thought of the exams were daunting...but, having a small pacth of miniature lavenders in my garden...with the fresh crisp smell of spring, that was heavenly...almost bliss! I got the seeds from Woolworths, and followed instructions on how to sow them in winter...and, like I almost couldn't believe they actually grew and blooms in spring and lasted till summer, voila! 
And...blueberries....in spring they were abundance and sold by fruit peddlars almost in every corners in my little town near my rented house in Walpole Road, South Woodford. ....and the English, also the Welshmen and Women (I studied my Law degree in Aberystwyth, Wales) had also taught me to drink tea! And I learnt how to savour camomile tea, then....even though I'm an Earl Grey or Lady Grey convert now!

Putting this flavours together for my macarons, well! It was a moment that I was waiting for! I made this on Saturday, and served and enjoyed this with my primary school friend who came visiting over the weekend....hmmmm....the subtle taste of lavender and camomile (I coulnd't find dried lavenders so I used London's Tea Company's organic Lavender and Camomile Tea) coupled with the divine white chocolate ganache (I used Lindt white chocolate!) infused with fresh bluberries...my weekend was complete!


26 comments:

Sizuka said...

K.Yani,

lawanya! looks too delicious to be eaten. kena simpan dalam frame.. hehe..


eh! k.yani guna 50mm ke tu? :D

Anonymous said...

Errr, it would have been more complete if you came to see me, like you know like tu la you!

RollerScrapper said...

Pretty! I love the color!

Ana Rashid said...

hurry with your pitorial cookbook, will you???

Anonymous said...

Wow oh wow. I don't know what I like more the flavors or that gorgeous color.Such beautiful macs!

mumsie said...

beautiful pixes, KG!

LifeBloom said...

Genius! lavender, camomile - VERY anglophile!!

Edi said...

some smells can never be forgotten!
gorgeous macs kak yani!
put the photos in frames and hang it over your kitchen wall!

SaSsYAnGeL said...

very very very tempting ! :) warna cantik ... i heart lavender~

Royalshoppingarcade said...

You know kak yani, you can sell your photos to turn into poster adorning other people's kitchen and dining area. Now, let's milk that!

KG said...

sizuka...nnti i buat muzium...dlm my tummy!

KG said...

wiz. yup life is complete wt you around!

KG said...

rollerscrapper...tqs!!

KG said...

kak ana...di suatu masa dan ketika...inshaallah!

KG said...

diaryofamadhausefaru...and you! tqtqtq!

KG said...

mumsie...kita buat mac at your house ek!

KG said...

lifebloom...zura...org baling trying to go anglofile!

KG said...

edi...actually i mightlah!

KG said...

sassyangel...i hart lavender too...pi tengok my wardrobe...semua kaler cam ni!

KG said...

royalshoppingarchade....jom kita juai semua...jgn juai i sudah :p

Rima said...

Pwetty colour dear! i like purple!

Deeba PAB said...

Very English and very pretty! Love your choice of flavours...soothing, calming & elegant! Thank you for bringing these to MacTweets!

Katie said...

Beautiful colors! These sound like a perfect combination!

LadyMacaron20ten said...

A delightful combination of flavours for an English High Tea. I could imagine having these at the Orangery with their orange blossom tea and cucumber sandwiches - fantastic.

Anonymous said...

We like lavender and blueberry macarons, too. Your pretty pastel coloring and additional chamomile flavor make your macarons a perfect tea time treat!

sweister said...

So I was on Google Image and randomly typed "can you grow lavender in Malaysia" when one of the pictures you posted here came up. Having clicked on it, I was amazed to find out that you're a fellow Malaysian who bakes such exquisite tid bits in such lovely colour too!

Dear Kitchen Guardian, can I just say that you're truly an inspiration. You're a trained lawyer, with 6 kids!, capable of baking and take awesome photography!

I almost spilled my tea when I found out that you graduated from Aberystwyth as well!!!

Please tell me when you're opening a bakery shop of your own. I'd love to meet you! Hopefully I'd be back in the home soil by the end of this year. Need to get through this Bar course first. Hahaha.

At the mean time, have a cuppa and take care! xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails