Friday 11 March 2011

Rich Chocolate Cake

Rozlina has been ordering this type of cake twice, and if it was for her son's birthday, it had to be an edible image of Ultraman...and they all loved Chocolate Cake! She has tried Moist Chocolate Cake and Devil's Food Chocolate Cake....and for this year's Ultraman Cake I thought I'd let her try a Rich Chocolate Cake.

You see, my quest to look for a perfect Chcocolate Cake is still ongoing, even though the recipes that I use here all are my favourites...and this one I particularly like because it has butter (yeah, butter!) So...here goes....

Thank you Rozlina for this order!
Ingredients
200g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
200g butter, at room temperature
1 cup dark brwon sugar...thank god for this, I use brwon sugar at home!
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs, I usually use size A
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder...gonna get my Callebaut soon!
1/2 cup milk

Method
1.Preheat oven at 170C, prepare 2 cake tins, I used 2 7x10 inches cake tins.
2.Using a double boiler method, melt chocolate, set aside.
3.Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate.
4.Add eggs one at a time, beat until well incorporated.
5.Sift flour and cocoa together, I also added a pinch of salt!
6.Fold half the flour mixture and alternate with milk into the butter, sugar and egg mixture. 
7.Divide the mixture into the cake tins and bake for about half an hour.

Chocolate Ganache
Ingredients
250g good dark chocolate, chopped.
250g double or whipping cream, I used one that was 30% fat content
30g butter...hoollallla....

Method
1.Using double boiling method, heat the cream until they are bubbly, add a pinch of salt.
2.Pour in the dark chocolate, stir and stop the heat...stir until all are mixed well.
3.Chill for about 1 hour to thicken the ganache, spread using a spatula or pipe.

....please make this for your family this weekend, you'd be more loved, peeps :p

4 comments:

LifeBloom said...

I shall be investing in a Kenwood soon dear...tungguuuu...Choc Cake dan macaronss...muaahahahaha

KG said...

lifebloom....yezza beli yg mak kenwood terus!think i nd one to make my lapis yg pakai butter 500g!

SaSsYAnGeL said...

alaaaa... tu jadik jer Ultraman tuh .. huhuhuh ... :)

would love to try ur choc cake lak pasni ... Yani, what did u put in ur Red Velvet cake ??? i duk ngidam je selalu ni ... haiiyoooo ...

Unknown said...

salam kak yani...
nak tnya if kita buat chocolate ganache a nite before...should we keep in fridge or just fine @ room temp...tq

Related Posts with Thumbnails