Wednesday 4 February 2009

The Young Executives...

I have been pretty quiet from my FB and this house lately...I have been very busy. The workload and one of my colleagues have been sent out (I think) to another division. So, there are vacancies in the Legal Dept now. And since our Department is very prosperous in making babies and new additions to their respective families...well gawat gawat...kilang tu tak gawat, inshaallah...we have called in a few new candidates to fill up the posts and to cover those who will be on maternity leave, moi included, ha ha. Hence, the interview yesterday and the whole afternoon, today...and moi was one of the panel interviewer...

After today's session, I had a splitting headache and major disappointment...what has happened to our graduates..the Young lady yesterday I believe is capable to doing the job (after moi grilled habis habis on her knowledge and asked her to interpret certain clauses in a contract)BUT, she's very prejudiced..the reason she is interested to join another organisation is because she said that her current boss is very racist and is not very pleased if she performs her solat...halo we live in Malaysia...there is no racism here...and she also made a remark that she is not an ordinary malay...on both point she kantoi, big time, what more the hr personnel is an indian lady!

Today, we had four candidates, all four I can generalise to a point that the reason for them coming to the interview is to gain "better knowledge, better exposure"..all four when I asked whether they came prepared and did any research (at all about the organisation...their excuses was no time (tapi one guy, his hobby is main PS2??!!), this lady no time sebok kerja @ office (and her present job is wt this semi-government agency that I have done a contract with, that took one month to revert to my comments in my earlier assignment with them...halo!!), this lady who's a practising lawyer said she doesn't have internet access(??!! in this era, my 5 year old son pun knows how to google for his cartoon pages on the net!)and this other lady said she didn't have time.... I gave them a lecture that in our days, we had to call people in the industry or pay the organisation a visit and try and get hold of an annual report or write ups, just to get infomation and equip ourself for the interview....I have been to an interview with the Securities Comission and they made me write an essay on Insider Dealing!!

So, I left the office today feeling disappointed and sad of what is to become to the new generation...and I must add that they cant even speak proper English with a decent grammar..all I can say is that they had come for the interview in the hope that they will get better remuneration but....adoi, the knowledge, the attitude, the skill, even the dressing...they are all definitely not up to my mark, at least (in terms of dressing, I thought I tak bergaya when I go to office, but black is my universal colour, so cannot go wronglah-kan). So, am not looking forward for the next interview session, at least for now, I have to get over this episode first...

2 comments:

Mama Huptihup said...

i hntq resume i blh....u interview i lebih kurang dah ke kan haha...

masa i keja dulu, my bos suruh short list kan pananam anggur yg mintak keja tu bersadarkan looks then english..ada blh pakai mcm tu? yg lawa (mestilah dia nak amik ppuan kan) je di panggil interview...so dapat lah keja ke ppuan lawa yg keja dia melawa je x reti buat apa benda...yg jd mangsa i ni lah, potatoes...dr cuci jamban opis smp ke teman bos jumpa client (tu pun jarang dapat ikut sbb i tak lawa mcm bdk2 ppuan lain)...but bila bos bwk bdk2 ni jumpa client, balik opis x tau nak brief we all ni apa client nak so my bos takdak pilihan but to take me lah kan...haha..poyo la bos i tu...

selamat lah u interview org2 tu okeh!!

KG said...

lyana,

think lumrah hidup like tt-lah...we have had muka cantik..pas tu haram tak leh buat kerja...kita jugaklah yang terkedek kedek slog..of course the guys nak yang pompuan...i go for one who can deliver

as for you "kerja" utk anak anak and hubby lagi rewarding kan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails